A destination wedding is meant to be fun and less stressful than a traditional wedding. However, it is imperative that your wedding starts at the scheduled time. Sometimes our ministers and photographers will have more than one wedding in a day. A delay can affect your time with your photographer if she has another appointment after you. Our sunset weddings are very popular. If you are late, you jeopardize the best lighting. A 15 minute delay can be a lot when the sun is setting. Your guests drive along way to come and see you get married, so do not leave them waiting out on the beach. We realize that most people are from out of town and it is possible to make a wrong turn. This is why we ask that you and your guests please arrive 30 minutes early. Here are some things you can do.
- Make sure everyone has clear instruction and directions on where the location of the wedding is.
- Stress to your guests that we have to begin on time!
- Do not send someone back to the condo or beach house last minute to pick something up. ( It is not worth getting married in the dark after the sun sets because someone forgot a bouquet or boutineer. ) The traffic at the beach can be very heavy.
- Make sure someone who is prone to getting lost rides with someone instead of driving themselves. We had a mother of the groom take a wrong turn recently and ended up being 1 hour away from the venue. Unfortunately we had to start without her because we were running out of light. If Aunt Sally is directionally challenged make sure she rides with someone or follows someone. The Gulf State Park Pavilion Beach is like 5 minutes from just about anywhere in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach. It really isn’t that hard to find.
- This one is the most important: Arrive at the time your photographer tells you to arrive! If she tells you to be there 30 minutes prior to the ceremony that is when everyone needs to be there. If you are there after she tells you to be there you are already late.
We want to make sure your wedding in stress free and fun! We have just seen a few of our wedding getting started late lately and some of it can be avoided.