Top Seven Reasons to Have a Destination Gulf Shores Wedding
Are you dreaming of a beach wedding in Gulf Shores Alabama? We would love to help you plan your destination wedding! Why a destination beach wedding to Gulf Shores? We are glad you asked! Here are the top 7 reasons!
1. Fancy a barefoot bash over a buttoned-up affair? You’re not alone. The 2016 Mintel U.S. weddings report found that 58 percent of brides want their wedding to be remembered as a fun and casual party, rather than a formal event. No wonder so many couples are hitting the road for their nuptials. After all, when was the last time you saw stilettos on the beach? A Gulf Shores beach wedding is perfect for you!
2. Your photos! The scenery around your local banquet hall can be pretty dull and limiting. Just look at all the wonderful photos on our site and you will see that the beach in Gulf Shores makes the best backdrop for your wedding photos.
3.Cut down on guests. The average number of guests at a traditional wedding is 140. The average number of guests at a destination wedding? A mere 48. Having a more intimate setting gives you more time to spend with the people that you are closest too.
4. Have two honeymoons! A wedding away doesn’t need to replace your honeymoon — in fact, many couples head to a different location for their honeymoon. Stay a few extra days near your wedding location for a mini moon. Gulf Shores is the best place for that! (you’ve already paid the travel expenses to get here), or plan a separate trip a few months to a year later, so you’ll have a new adventure to look forward to together.
5. Leave all the stress at home. Yes, it’s your wedding — but it’s also your vacation, so leave the details to our onsite experts. Just ask Amy Bullock, Paradise Beach Weddings owner and wedding planner, “Unlike your traditional couple who may have to speak to a florist, an entertainer and a photographer, we make it a one-stop shop,” she explains. Instead of stressing about centerpieces and wedding vendors, you can focus on more important things, like your guests (or your tan).
6. Spend a few days not a few hours with your guests. We’ve all been to those weddings where the couple ends the night hungry and exhausted from making the rounds to greet and thank every guest. According to the 2016 Mintel U.S. weddings report, “One reason destination weddings are popular is because they allow the bride and groom more opportunity to truly interact with their guests over a longer event.” Indeed, quality time is a lot more doable — especially when everybody stays at the same hotel, condo or beach house. We can refer you to the best in the area!
7. Get more bang for your buck! Across the board, destination weddings are more affordable when compared with their hometown counterparts. Save your money for a down payment on a house instead of that $35,000 hometown wedding. Yes, the average American wedding cost $35,000. Our beach wedding packages are affordable. We have a wedding package to fit everyone’s budget. Best of all, everyone gets a great vacation out of it! So what are you waiting for? Call us today to start planning with one of our pros!
Gulf Shores Alabama Beach Weddings