Congratulations on your upcoming beach wedding that you have scheduled with us! I would like to share a few tips that may help your special day run a little smoother!
- Try to get your marriage license on your way into town. Once you get in Gulf Shores and get settled you are not gonna want to leave to take care of paperwork. The nearest Courthouse to us is Bay Minette and it is about an hour away.
- Delegate ahead of time. Who will put on boutonnieres? Who will make sure the Minister gets the marriage license before the ceremony? Who will hold the rings during the ceremony?
- Make sure that you call the Gulf State Park and get your wedding permit prior to coming into town. You can get it over the phone. I will give you all the info on how to contact them when you book your wedding. This is a must have!
- Tell your guests to arrive about 30 minutes early. This ensures that everyone is there and seated when you arrive.
- I know many brides love veils but they just do not work on the beach. The wind blows them everywhere.
- During the ceremony look at each other. Remember you are being photographed.
- Bride’s BE ON TIME! This is very important. Guests get a little irritated if they have to wait very long.
- Absolutely NO artificial rose pedals are to be used during the ceremony. Only real rose pedals can be thrown by flower girls.
- Have enough seating for all of your guests that will attend your wedding. If you don’t than it becomes a little awkward because no one wants to be the one to sit in the chairs while everyone else stands. Also it will look a lot better in your photos if everyone is seated.
- Save the cake cutting for your beach house or reception. Cakes and beaches do not mix.
- Hair … Up Do’s It can be windy on the beach
- Have thank you notes prepared to send after your ceremony and honeymoon.
I will be adding to this tips page from time to time so check back!
Thanks and Happy Wedding Day